Non-Resident License

Marriage License

CRITICAL information!  Non-residents need to meet specific requirements to obtain a certified copy of their marriage license. Call Joyful Weddings & Events today at 760-636-3564 for a complimentary consultation.

How to apply for, and obtain, a  California Marriage
License for Palm Springs, Riverside County

In order to have a marriage ceremony in the state of California, a license from the state must be purchased before the ceremony.

  • In the state of California, County of Riverside two types of marriage licenses are available.
    Regular or Confidential.  (See Below)
  • Only a designated county clerk’s office can issue a license.
  • Licenses are issued during business hours Monday through Friday.
  • The couple MUST be over 18 years of age.
  • Neither US Citizenship nor residency are required.
  • No blood test or waiting period are required.
  • Both bride and groom must apply together, in person, to get their marriage license.
  • Both parties MUST have a valid, current picture I.D.
  • All marriage licenses are valid for 90 days from the date of purchase.
  • A certified copy of the marriage record will be provided by the state for an extra fee to be paid at the time of license application or at a later date.
  • Payment should be made to the proper county clerk’s office where the marriage will be recorded.

Regular Marriage License is of public record and requires one witness.

  • This license may be purchased in one county and used in another county.
  • This license is open for public viewing and is a published record.

Confidential Marriage License is not open for public viewing.

  • Only the bride, groom or court order can obtain a copy of this license.
  • No witnesses are required on this license.
  • This license must be obtained and used in the same county.

Link to contact the Riverside County Clerk-Recorder Office
Link to contact the Los Angeles Registrar-Recorder/County Clerks’s Office
Link to contact the San Diego County Assesor/Recorder Office
Link to contact the City and County of San Francisco County Clerk

Coachella Valley cities from Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta to Indio are all in Riverside County.

The nearest Riverside County offices to the Coachella Valley are either in Riverside or Indio.

To contact the Indio County Clerk’s Office call: 760 863 8732