Big Bear, CA is a beautiful mountain destination for your wedding that offers something quite different than the typical SoCal wedding. With a backdrop of mountains, tall trees, water, and even snow in the winter, it is quite the contrast to beach or desert locations that are so common in this area.
Joyful Weddings & Events, owned by Richard Cadieux, is a wedding officiant and Master of Ceremonies company that travels Southern California and helps you design a wedding that is beautiful, fun, and true to your love story.
As your wedding minister, I’ll work closely with you to create meaningful wedding vows that capture your unique relationship and personalities.Rev. Richard Cadieux
This wedding officiant goes the extra mile to ensure your guests are entertained and their hearts are touched. Richard will deeply engage your guests in the heart of your ceremony and then move them seamlessly throughout the elements of your reception.
Experience Matters – 20 Years in Wedding Industry
Why hire Rev. Richard Cadieux to officiate your wedding and/or act as your Master of Ceremonies instead of any other person? Owner Reverend Richard has officiated thousands of weddings for couples all over the Inland Empire and beyond. He has over 20 years of experience officiating and emceeing beautiful ceremonies and events. His specialty is co-authoring customized ceremonies where guests not only feel the depth of a couple’s covenant but also bring to their consciousness the importance of the love of friends and family in their lives.
- Serving the Inland Empire since 2001
- 1,700+ destination weddings of experience
- Is a fully trained and Certified Wedding Consultant
- An accomplished writer and Master of Ceremonies, who will help you to organize a memorable experience for you and your guests!
- He also has coordinated hundreds of weddings as a certified consultant.
- Joyful Weddings & Events has 100’s of 5-star reviews on Wedding Wire and Yelp.
Top 5 Places to Get Married in Big Bear
If you’re considering Big Bear as your wedding destination, consider the following 5 best locations for a Big Bear wedding ceremony:
- Noon Lodge. A restored mountain retreat dating back to the 1950s, Noon Lodge offers vintage touches with rustic outdoor charm and smart clean design, and the boutique lodge on Mallard Bay is only 1.3 miles from downtown Big Bear Lake village’s center, too. It can accommodate up to 100.
- Best Western Plus Big Bear Chateau. Utilize their Wedding in the Pines package for up to 100 guests, combining an outdoor wedding amidst the pines with a beautiful ballroom reception in either the Huntress or Olympian ballroom, with catering included in their Big Bear elopement packages.
- Castlewood Cottages. With quirky cabins built on a theme of enchantment, you might—as their Big Bear wedding officiant—help them find the perfect setting for their fairy tale romance, such as the Enchanted Forest Suite or any of the nearby meadows.
- Edgewood Manor. The largest facility available in Big Bear, Edgewood’s prices don’t necessarily have to be extravagant—despite all the available space and brilliant location just a half-mile from the lake. With two-plus acres of grounds, there are numerous outdoor ceremony options—and a professional kitchen means hosting a reception is certainly done easily enough, as well.
- On the lake. Somewhere on the lake or in the surrounding San Bernardino National Forest. Just keep in mind that you may need a special use permit in the national forest.
Big Bear Elopement
Let’s be real: Plenty of parts of planning a wedding are awful. The stress of budgets, seating arrangements, and family tensions can make the once happy couple significantly unhappy. An elopement in Big Bear might be a step in the right direction for alleviating stress. (After all, you can still have the big reception afterward, right?) An escape to the mountains and a Big Bear elopement might be exactly the escape you’re looking for—and as your friendly Big Bear wedding officiant, I can help.